I have been patted on the back as a Versatile Blogger and therefore have received the versatile blogger award by the Belmont Rooster – http://thebelmontrooster.wordpress.com/
I have been very slow responding but I want to thank him and pass some recognition along,
His blog is amazing! I envy his organizational skills, his depth and breadth of knowledge and his support for my blogging efforts as well as those of others. He is definitely worth a visit!
From his “About” section – the intro – “I now have two blogs, The Mystical Mansion and Garden and The Belmont Rooster. I decided to go ahead and make this new blog because I moved from Leland, Mississippi where the mansion and my gardens were to my hometown in Windsor. It seemed a little weird adding new posts about my plants and gardening in Missouri to a Mississippi blog!”
As part of the award requirements – Seven Things About me;
1. Bishop is my middle name – A great, great grandfather’s name.
2. I have far too many interests…yes dear I agree with you on this….but it sure is an interesting affliction.
3. I can spend all day behind the lens of a camera, not uttering a word and be very content.
4. I love dirt on my hands and sweat on my brow.
5. Farming must be in my blood – from my dad’s side I can track Decker lineage back to the early 1600’s as farmers in the country and from my maternal side – a variety of broom corn is associated with the Rennels family in Charleston, IL.
6. I have 10 bicycles in the garage and probably all of them have air in the tires and can be ridden.
7. I tolerate cats….
I have nominated the following blogs that I follow for the same award. Please take time to check them out. My interests are broad. My first blog was Backyard Farming but one of my big loves is – Home brewing! – Thus my nominations cover both!
1. The Grill And Barrel –Http://thegrillandbarrel.wordpress.com
2. The Hudson Valley Garden … great read and photos Hudson Valley Gardens http://hudsonvalleygardens.us/
3. Mr. Hops Beer Talk – “Avid homebrewer and craft beer taster. I love all the hops I can get.” http://mrhopsbeertalk.wordpress.com/
4. Beer Goggles –If you are looking for beer adventures in the Inland Empire give her a look. http://andreaherreria.wordpress.com
5. Sparkling on the Vine She loves beer, wine and baseball.. http://sparklingonthevine.com
6. A fun blog to visit, entertaining and educational. Welcome to We Make Home Brew. http://wemakehomebrew.com/
7. ‘The Beer Gypsy’ An eclectic Ontario gal – http://thebeergypsy.com
8. Garden at 8505 http://gardenat8505.wordpress.com
9. Head Over Beers – Fun, fun, fun and beer.http://headoverbeers.wordpress.com/
10. Shh Fit Happens She is an amazing gal…. she is also responsive to your comments, take a look – http://shhfithappens.com/ture, w
11. Good Beers Better – Just too much fun – http://goodbeerbetterhats.com
12. Attempting zero waste lifestyle in a military household – energetic and fun read….I really do lover her wit and straightforward approach. http://militaryzerowaste.wordpress.com/
13. The Orange Bee – an Inspiration. I am now signed up for my first bee keeping class and will be a bee keeper this spring!http://theorangebee.wordpress.com
14. Jimmy Cracked Corn – An amazing backyard farmer. http://jimmycrackedcorn.wordpress.com/
15. Butterflies and Me – Beautiful and simple…. Enjoy! http://bluebutterfliesandme.wordpress.com/
The rules – To my nominees – the rules as follows-
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.