I just pick up an issue of “Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications” titled
I was in awe of how my limited jam and jelly efforts are/were compared to the world opened up in this issue.
Let’s start with the jellies
- Blood Orange-Vanilla Bean
- Flower Petal – I made Rose petal jelly – pretty but lacked flavor, search edible flowers for potential petals
- Ruby-Red Grapefruit
- Jasmine Tea
- Grape Juice – not unique
- Rose Wine Jelly with Pink Peppercorns
- Balsamic Vinegar-Ruby Port
I am not including recipes – US folks can probably find this issue, if you can’t send me a request and I will accommodate y’all.
Jams were next and I saw some very mouth watering combinations.
- Sweet-Basil Peach
- Caramel Apple
- Sweet Cherry
- Cinnamon-Spiced Triple-Berry
- Nectarine Mango
- Honey-and-Thyme Blackberry
- Dried Apricot-Fig Jam with Anise
- Strawberry Margarita & yes it includes a 1/2 cup of Tequila and a 1/4 cup of Triple Sec
- Cantaloupe Jam with Vanilla
I have a vision of returning to Houston and creating some amazing Jellies and Jams. I am on a garden break and my son’s good friend and former teammate is keeping the greenery alive and hopefully enjoying some of the bounty…..the long extended heat wave in our area has slowed a lot of my harvest. Old faithful cucumbers should overwhelm him….as long as he keeps them irrigated!
My return at the end of July may include a hunt for some Fredericksburg Peaches!